08 August 2007

Feline Circumnavigation, "Only in New York!" and Cycling Through Vietnam...

Do yourself a favor...

There are two blogs you need to check out. The first one is penned by my daughter and I can't help myself but I read her latest post this morning and laughed until I had tears running down my face and then, just as suddenly, I was mortified that my daughter has encounters like this on the streets of Manhattan! You can read about Katie's latest and greatest adventures here: Sweet Tea in NYC.

You need to understand, this is not a sacreligious blog post she has penned - she literally had this experience in NYC last Friday and Katie reports on things as she sees 'em. Meanwhile, I'm looking into locating a case of mace for her to arm herself with as she navigates the wilds of Manhattan.


The second blog worth visiting belongs to my good friends Amy Lyon and Jonathan Smylie - They are in the middle of one of the most adventurous vacations I've ever heard of! They are taking a three week bicycling adventure through Vietnam and Amy and Jonathan are keeping us "in the loop" by updating their blog with interesting text and fascinating photos. You can read about their experiences here: Lyon Family Cycles Vietnam, and I encourage you to check it out. I have to say that I would never have imagined Vietnam to be an idyllic vacation spot, and knowing first-hand the preparation that went into planning and preparing for this trip, by visiting them in the past few weeks, it seemed like a LOT of work and no small series of of "pre-travel innoculations", including rabies shots! But good for them in being brave enough to push the adventure envelope and taste exotic flavors of life!

Starry, starry night...

And on a celestial note, file this under the "NOT TO BE MISSED" category: This weekend will be the peak viewing window for the Perseid Meteor Shower! You can read more about it here: Perseids. It's one of the best light shows of the year and I always to make some sky time and with all those predicted shooting stars, think of the wishes just waiting to be made! If you can watch the show near a beach, so much the better! I, personally, plan to be at the beach counting stars and making wishes. Who knows, maybe one or two will come true...Click here for more great news and viewing tips for the Perseids - best celestial show of the summer! NASA.

It could happen.

[Note to Katie: Thanks for making me laugh so hard today - you will never know (but I know you really do know) how much I needed that laugh. What would I do without your acerbic wit and the amazing ability you have to turn so many unfunny situations that crop up in life, (even the really DARK ones!) into something even I find myself laughing at. (Wow, oh wow, oh wow is right! Alrighty then!). You rock, you crazy girl. XOXO ~ Mom]

No comments: